- Make sure your thermostat is set above room temperature, by a few degrees example 30C (85F). If the thermostat has heat and cool settings, make sure the thermostat is set for heat.
- Check thermostat batteries (if applicable)
- Make sure the furnace switch and the breaker is in the “on” position. (The furnace switch is usually located on the wall at the stairs going down to the basement or at the door entering the furnace room. The furnace breaker is located at the main panel of your home: the furnace fuse may need to be replaced or the circuit breaker may need to be reset.)
- Push reset button switch once only. (This is located on the smoke pipe or front of furnace)
- Push reset button on the burner motor. (This would be a red button located in the front or side of motor)
- Check oil supply and make sure valve is open.
If your furnace still will not start or continue to run, please call the friendly staff at Noonan Petroleum at 1-866-436-0022 for prompt, reliable service 24 hours a day.